Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Realistic Goals:How I Got Relatively Decent Skin

 Happy New Year all! I had a lovely time this year, but unfortunately got sick somewhere around 2 am. Boo! When I'm sick I pretty much stop being a person for a couple of days because I'm a huge baby, I didn't even wash my face last night. I know, so bad. But the good thing I noticed was how nice my skin looked considering.

 As I detailed in a previous post, I had started a new skin care routine a few months ago and I figured I'd give you an update on how it was working. The short answer is very well! I know other people who give advice or recommend products to the good skin challenged are all "your skin may suck, but with this it could be perfect!" And...no. I mean not that that can't happen, but unless you take Accutane or something (which I even did...and no) you will probably not go from looking like a slice of peperoni pizza to having flawless perfect skin. Especially if you are past the age you should have "grown out of it" or you have sensitivities/allergies in addition to the plain old break outs. But that doesn't mean you should give up, quite the contrary.  I'm sure everyone would prefer flawless skin, but as someone who's had "problem skin" I'm going to freely admit I'd totally settle for "normal" and I'm betting the rest of you would too. Since I've been following my regimen my skin has been perfectly average. I've had a few small break outs during my period, but no cysts, nothing day ruiningly huge, and some redness, but not a single hive. It's not amazing skin. It's not skin that people would stare at on the train like it's the second coming of Christ, but it's fine. It's not irritated and angry looking. I go through the day not thinking about it for the most part. I have never been able to say that before. Everyone's skin is so different and there is totally a chance these things will not work for you, there is even a chance they may stop working for me someday, but I am sharing them in case they happen to be what you need.

This is how my skin looks right now, with no make up (except for NYE remnants of some very hard core eye stuff that I refuse to break out the make up remover for):
Sorry for the terrible lighting in my house!


There is a reason I usually wear lip products, huh?
Trying to give a good sample size of lighting/angle etc
Some faint scaring, but nothing awful.

 Here is the list of what I'm currently doing/using:

Vitamins/etc: 2500 mg Biotin-Morning, 12g Flax Seeds 3-5 days a week.

Wash: The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion-Morning and night.

Tone:Lush Tea Tree Toner Tabs-Night

Treat:Clindamycin-Night, The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion-Night

Moisturize:Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator-Morning

Mask:Lush Love Lettuce-Night

Clarisonic once every 2 weeks with Aveda Enbrightenment Cleanser


 So far this is really working, hope that trend continues. If you're prone to allergies and irritation I recommend also using a BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer on a daily basis. There were a few days my skin looked good so I went out without wearing anything and my skin got all irritated, the cream provides a barrier between your skin and the air if that's an issue for you.  Hope this works for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment